Holly Lodge Girlsâ€™ College
Holly Lodge Girlsâ€™ College recognises its responsibility to promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of its students. It aims to prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adolescence and adult life.
It seeks to provide a safe and stimulating environment which, in partnership with parents and the wider community, will enable students to learn about moral, physical and emotional development.
The Aims of SRE:-
Holly Lodge Girlsâ€™ College SRE Programme is part of a comprehensive PSHCE scheme of work delivered via an age differentiated rolling programme to Years 7 to 13.
The compulsory part of SRE is taught through Science lessons.
SRE at Holly Lodge Girlsâ€™ College aims to:
- provide information which is easy to understand, relevant and appropriate to the age and maturity of students
- include the development of communication and social skills
- encourage the exploration and clarification of values and the development of positive attitudes
Through SRE we aim to ensure that students:
- develop confidence in talking, listening and thinking about feelings, friendships and relationships
- can protect themselves and know how to seek help and support
- are prepared for the physical and emotional changes they may experience through puberty.
- develop positive values and a moral framework that will guide their decisions. judgments and behaviour
- understand the law regarding the age of consent
- understand the reasons for protected sex avoiding casual sex and have sufficient skills and information to be able to protect themselves
- understand sexual orientation and encourage students to behave responsibly within relationships
- have the confidence and self-esteem to value themselves and others
- communicate effectively
- develop confidence and responsibility
- develop a healthy, safe lifestyle
- develop good relationships and respect differences
The School is committed to delivering SRE using appropriate age appropriate materials.
Holly Lodge aims to develop confidence in talking, listening and thinking about sex and relationships. Â Most lessons will be taught to full classes.
Parents have the right to withdraw their children from all or part of the SRE provided at school except for those parts included in the Science syllabus.
- The School has in place a Child Protection Policy
- Any visitor from an outside agency involved with pupils in SRE will be made aware of the colleges Child Protection Policy including confidentiality rules.
If a member of staff is concerned that a student is at risk of sexual abuse, they must follow the schoolâ€™s Child Protection policy